Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday's Pause for Gratitude.

What are you grateful for today?  Sara Rose here, and personally, I am very glad to see the sun starting to peek out again!  I love sunlight, I love being outdoors, and getting fresh air with the kiddos!  We all get so cooped up, so it is always nice to be outside, even if it's just for a few moments.

I am also grateful for my friends and family members who are getting ready to become new parents.  They remind me so much of why I love being a mom to two great kids, and I feel blessed to be able to do things like knit blankets, hats, and toys for their new little bundles of baby love!  I also love that I get to go cuddle a precious newborn from time to time, then go home to my 'growing up far too quickly' children and enjoy them too!  I love to give the special people in my life gifts, even little ones, just to let them know that I'm here and I appreciate them.

A good friend of ours is going to be teaching abroad for a few years and we get to 'puppy sit' her pal, Tuffy, a Lhasa Apso while she's out and about, teaching around the world.  I'm so glad I know her, and get to see her pursue her dreams, all while having a cute furry pal to go for walks with.  My kids are crazy-in-love with this dog, who is so sweet and lovely to be around.  He's already brought joy into our house, something I can never be grateful enough for or get enough of!

Finally, I am grateful, though in a bittersweet way, to be attending my daughter's Kindergarten Round Up today.  It's really exciting for me to watch her learn and see how darned smart she's becoming, but also that little reminder of how fast she is growing.  I think she's going to do fantastic in kindergarten next year, and I am already excited for her!

We want to hear from you! What are you grateful for today?

No comments: