Monday, May 2, 2011

It's ALMOST Mother's Day!

Mama and Owen AT Elegant Mommy!

Be sure to head over to the store because we've got LOTS of great stuff you can choose as a special gift for mama.  But, homemade and unconventional gifts are fantastic too!  This week, Eva is devoting her artistic talents to draw me a billion pictures a day.  Cute, right?  I'm putting them into a scrapbook  to one day give back to her.  I'm also one of those who does really LOVE flowers, and the fact that a Mother's Day bouquet appeared on our table yesterday is totally awesome to me!

I think that Mother's Day really should be not just celebrating all the hard work we mama's do, but ALSO about celebrating the time, love, and devotion we give the people we love.  It's like Valentine's Day to me, it shouldn't just be over-the-top grandiose gestures of diamonds, 5 star restaurants, dad playing maid all day.  It's about recognizing the love we put out there and us appreciating our loved ones just as much as they appreciate us.  We should celebrate each other as mothers and remember our commitment to one another.


Miss Eva Diva and I, hanging out while our toenails dry.
For Mother's Day, I don't really need new diamond earrings or Nolan donning an apron and using a toothbrush to scrub the baseboards. (Though, if he wants to, I won't stop him.)  I just want a lovely day with my family, to call my friends who are mothers, to call mine and my husbands mom and say "We love you.  Thank you.  We appreciate you."  But if you still want to get mama a little something special, be sure to head our way.  We have so many special, thoughtful gifts that are sure to a be a little something for the fantastic mama's in our lives.

More than a card, a bouquet, a bunch of gifts, or letting mama luxuriate in a bubble bath all day, let's all remember to just take the time to say, "Hey. I love you.  You do so much for me.  Thank you"  A thank you is the best gift a gal can ever receive. For Mother's Day, all I want is sunny weather so I can take the kiddos to the park for a picnic, a nice hot bath with a good book, and to keep adding pictures my babies draw to their scrapbooks.  Oh and perhaps I'll bake some turtle brownies and have us watch Legally Blonde.  But the BEST part of my Mothers Day will be every kiss, hug, I love you, and moment I get with my family.  I am so lucky and grateful. :)

So, now it's your turn, what would you love for Mother's Day?  What are you going to do for Mother's Day?  Let's hear your ideas and plans!

No comments: