Friday, October 14, 2011

WAHM: Meet Lisa Rolfson of Lisa's Bowtique

 
~What is the name of your business and what do you make?
Lisa’s Bowtique. I make handmade accessories, such as hair accessories, jewelry, tote bags and hats. I also work full time at 1st Financial Bank in collections management.

~Tell us how you decided to begin creating what you do and how it has changed your life.
I decided to form a business as I made accessories for my 3 daughters. I got compliments and my friends and family urged me to start a small business…and I did! I have my items at 2 vendor locations, Elegant Mommy and Salon Capella, and I also have my personal inventory for vendor booths and online sales on my website www.lisasbowtique.weebly.com. I also have a Facebook page with over 50 followers so far! I love my side business and I enjoy hand crafting each item I make. I love the creativity and it is one of my “stress busters!”

~Tell us about your family…kids, husband, pets, etc
I have been married for 5 years to my husband Ryan. We have been together for 9 years and have 3 daughters…Elizabeth 11, Sayda 8 and Sophie 3. We also have 3 dogs…Saint Bernard – Hannah and 2 Yorkies – Spike and Ella.

~Tell us about how you are able to do what you do and balance your family life…how do you make it work?
My husband and I work together to make our schedules work for ourselves and our girls. He also has a side business making metal art with his sister – Metal Junkies. We are busy and don’t have much down time, so we do a lot with the girls along with us and make it a family affair! It’s not easy to have 2 full time jobs as well as 2 side businesses, but we have fun and stay busy!

~Is there any advice you would give to other WAHMs or those that aspire to work at home?
There is a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment in creating something on your own and selling yourself and your business. You feel a sense of accomplishment, achievement and success when you have built something on your own to be successful. It can be overwhelming at first, but it is well worth all the effort in the end. I enjoy dealing with my customers and talking about my creations with others! It’s fun to do something that makes others smile.

No comments: