Thursday, October 27, 2011

WAHM - Meet April of Enchanted Dandelions



~What is the name of your business and what do you make?
I’m April, and I’m owner of Enchanted Dandelions, where I offer ecofriendly products for babies, children and the home, all handmade by me.  Some of my wares include flaxseed hot/cold therapy packs, cloth diapers, natural baby teethers, baby bibs and burp cloths, wool dryer balls, aromatherapy sachets, bean bags, and so much more.
~Tell us how you decided to begin creating what you do and how it has changed your life.
I’ve always enjoyed crafting and sewing as a hobby.  When my daughter was born, I started making various things for her.  My friends loved what I had made, and started offering to pay me to make things for their own children.  Their support inspired me to open up an Etsy shop, which I originally did so just for fun.  However, a few years later, I’m now a single parent, and I’m so fortunate that my shop has grown to where it allows me to provide for my little ones.  
~Tell us about your family…kids, husband, pets, etc
I’m a proud mama to my three little Sprouts, ages 6, 5 and 3.  They are my inspiration and my motivation to always keep pushing forward.  We live in a small town in the foothills of the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains, which is great for us, as we love the exploring the outdoors.
~Tell us about how you are able to do what you do and balance your family life…how do you make it work?
Hmmmm.... lots and lots of coffee, and very little sleep. >.<  Even after all this time, I really don’t have a magic formula on how to get everything done (which explains the mountain of dirty laundry!)  I try to get as much done as I can while the Sprouts are sleeping or at school.  And when I do have to work while they are home, I try to include them as much as possible.  They love helping me pick out fabric, and pack up orders.  
~Do you do anything in addition to your at-home business?
 As a family, we love going on adventures- hiking, geocaching, exploring local parks.  I also love to read whenever I get the chance, and poke around thrift stores.  
~Is there any advice you would give to other WAHMs or those that aspire to work at home?
Sounds cliche, but never give up.  It’s a LOT of work, and there will be times you feel like walking away, but I’ve found that the more you put into your business, the more you will get out of it.  So never stopping asking yourself what you can do to make you business better.   :)

No comments: