Friday, October 7, 2011

WAHM - Meet Erin Nelson of Irish Twins Soap Co


~What is the name of your business and what do you make? 
Irish Twins Soap Co. - I make all natural soaps, homekeeping and spa products.  I use all natural ingredients ALWAYS.  I use only essential oils for fragrance, never any dyes, synthetics, or artifical ANYTHING.  My products are "Good for You and Good for the Earth".

~Tell us how you decided to begin creating what you do and how it has changed your life.
I began making soap because I wanted to know what was in the products I was using on my body and in my home.  It has changed my life dramatically.  Making soap and running this business has been my full time job for two years now and my business is steadily growing.  I love getting the word out about natural, sustainable, green living alternatives.

~Tell us about your family…kids, husband, pets, etc
I have an amazing husband who is wholly supportive of our business, two growing boys and a beloved Lhasa Apso "Bandit" who is my "soap dog". We're blessed to have each other, our health and an opportunity to do what we love.

~Tell us about how you are able to do what you do and balance your family life…how do you make it work?
I run my business from home and therefore am able to throw in a load of laundry, get the dishwasher going and make supper while I'm stirring soap in my kitchen.  In between those days I'm delivering orders, working online, or out and about at demos, shows and events. My husband is very supportive, so he fills in the gaps with whatever needs to get done.  Working from home allows me the opportunity to be home with my family and a schedule flexible enough to participate in school events, sports, run errands, shuttle kids, etc.

~Do you do anything in addition to your at-home business?  
A million other things, but yes, it is my full time job. J 

~Is there any advice you would give to other WAHMs or those that aspire to work at home? 
It's a leap of faith, but it has been so rewarding.  There are sacrifices to be made, but so worth it to have the flexibility.  Sometimes the job takes on a life of its own.

No comments: