Monday, September 17, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Participant - Rebekah Scott Designs!


What is the name of your business and what products do you make (or services do you provide)? 
Rebekah Scott Designs specializes in handmade purses that offer functionality, designability and fashionability. We also offer children's shoes, hair accessories and other purse accessories! 

What makes your products or services stand out – what makes them special? 
Our purses are all hand sewn by the designer, Rebekah Scott. Each purse features 7-8 pockets lining the inside of the purse--fit for cell phones, diapers, baby bottle and wipes! They are also 100% washable--just put it in a pillowcase, tie shut with rubber band and wash as normal! 

Tell us about the history of your business/company…how did it start? 
Rebekah Scott Designs started 9 years ago as a young newlywed trying to pay for Christmas gifts. I decided to cut down my curtains and sew a purse! I continued to save money by sewing purses for my friends and family. Word spread fast and soon I was getting calls from people I had never met placing orders for purses. I started small until it took over my life and I knew that this was something God had prepared me for all my life and it was time to embrace it!

If you are a small business or Work at Home Mom, tell us how you make it all work with your family, kiddos, activities, and other life obligations 
 I am a full time mother and designer, working from home in my new studio. My two children (#3 on the way!) have grown up playing right next to me while I sew. We are very scheduled in our day from breakfast, activities, play time, family meals etc. We keep to our routine to maintain a sense of structure and my kids just don't know any different. There is nothing better than being able to live my dream of designing and sewing while staying at home with my kiddos!

How can someone find out more about your products/services? What is your website? 
www.shoprsd.com  www.facebook.com/shoprsd  www.etsy.com/shoprsd or at Elegant Mommy!

No comments: