Thursday, September 22, 2011

AppleCheeks Review

As you read the other day in my Homemade Diaper blog post, my favorite diapers in our stash are the ones I made myself. I must say, though, that my AppleCheeks diaper is a *very* close second! I was so excited when I got the diaper to review…the lining is SO super duper soft! I honestly can’t even explain how truly soft it is…it’s heavenly to touch and just the thing you want touching your baby’s most sensitive parts.

I also love the insert. It’s “Two layers of ultra-soft 70% rayon from bamboo/30% organic cotton fleece” (taken from their website) that can be folded into thirds for ultimate absorbency, and can I just tell you how SOFT it is, too?? It is fine to either be tucked into the envelope cover or right next to baby’s skin. It’s AWESOME!

The diaper as a whole is very trim fitting. In fact, it’s almost too trim fitting J. My baby isn’t very big, and honestly his cloth diapers help hold his pants up. When he occasionally wears disposables, we have a difficult time keeping some of his pants up and often have to pin them. Our AppleCheeks diaper is so trim fitting that I almost have to do that when he wears it as well. I don’t actually have to pin, but it gives you an idea of how trim it really is.

I’ve never had a leaking problem with this diaper, and I love how there is elastic in the front and the back instead of just the back. I could see how with a newborn (whose poops can be…shall we say…explosive) the front elastic would be super handy.

I think my favorite feature, though, is the envelope system. It’s very similar to a pocket diaper, but you *don’t have to un-stuff* to wash it!!!! Do you realize how cool that is? I *love* it when I realize I’ve put that diaper on him, because I get to simply throw it in the diaper pail and not worry about un-stuffing.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this diaper system to anyone. I love the design, fabric used, absorbency, and ease in washing and care. They have great customer service, too – double bonus!

By Evie DeWitt

No comments: