Thursday, June 12, 2014

For Daddies Everywhere

I don't know if you've noticed, but so many sitcoms and comedy movies portray dads as ridiculous buffoons who don't know anything about how to be a good dad. They don't know anything about what's going on in the kids' lives, they know nothing about how to have a good relationship with their wives, and they just generally are pretty idiotic and clueless characters.

Now, I laugh at shows like Everybody Loves Raymond (I don't know any current sitcoms - ha!) and Family Guy as much as the next person, but it's kind of disheartening to see where our culture has put our men all in the name of comedy.

I thought of all this the other day when I came home from Bible Study and my husband asked me "wanna see the best commercial ever?" 

"Of course" I replied

"It made me cry" he said.

Wait. What? 

What kind of commercial could really-for-real make my man cry? I mean, he's not one of those I'm-too-tough-to-cry kind of men, but it certainly takes a lot to see any tears coming from his eyes.

Me, on the other hand.....well, I can quite easily cry at anything. I'm not kidding. A.ny.thing. Add pregnancy hormones on top of that? It's safe to say that I am quite regularly wiping my eyes for one reason or another. I should probably just give-up wearing make up.

So, when he pulled this up online and we watched it, you can imagine the waterworks.

You may have seen it before. It doesn't matter. Watch it again. 

It's awesome.



So, to all the awesome daddies out there - my wonderful husband included - this one's for you. Happy Father's Day on Sunday!

We love you!

~Evie

No comments: