Thursday, March 7, 2013

Where We Are Going


As I am sitting down to write this post, I’m figuring out that the title of this post is sort of deceiving. I honestly can’t tell you where we will be in five years. Had you asked me five years ago where I would be in five years, I would never have imagined we would be in such a wonderful place. The past five years have shown us to have faith in God and trust the path that He leads us down. When a good friend and I started discussing this idea almost 6 years ago, we had no intention of opening a retail store. I loved my corporate job and thought I’d never leave. However, after our 3rd child was born I had such a strong tug to spend more time with my children and not let that time slip away. Little things kept happening to make me realize that the big picture was telling me that our children were a gift that He had given to us and I needed to raise them, not a daycare center. My family has been the motivation to start this, but our community is really the motivation that keeps us going every day. Seeing the joy, frustration, and bewilderment all mixed into one emotion on a new Mom’s face has grown to be one of the highlight of my days. Every one of the Elegant Mommy crew absolutely loves making a difference one family at a time.

The next five years as I see it, will continue to hold growth in our presence in the community. We want to look back on our 10 year anniversary and know that we have helped thousands in our community start their family, grow their family, and nurture their family. We will continue to aim to keep our prices affordable and carry only high quality merchandise that we all can feel confident in standing behind.

We will support families in our communities by showcasing local families who run small businesses. Over the past five years we have had over 25 different local businesses have their items for sale in our store and our website. Those sales have helped families be able to raise their children in the way that they see appropriate.

We will continue to find new programs and classes to expand educational opportunities for parents. We have always believed that knowledge is power when raising your families. Understanding the issues that you are facing and then fully understanding what all of your options are empowers a family to make the best decision for them.

And lastly, we will serve you in any way that we can. We come to our store every day ready to serve those in our community and give back to our community in our own little way. There are days/weeks that are tough, but then one of our awesome friends/customers comes in and we get that gentle reminder of why we do what we do. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me and the Elegant Mommy family to do this for five years!

~Shelly

No comments: