Monday, May 27, 2013

Honoring The Heroes

Today is Memorial Day.

A day to remember and honor those who have fallen for our sake. To protect our freedoms. To protect our kids' freedoms.

Our freedoms to say what we want when we want in whatever way we want. Our freedoms to bear arms if we so choose. Our freedoms to print what we want. Our freedoms to live the American Dream. To work hard and choose our own destiny - not being beholden to what someone else chooses for us.

My husband's grandpas both fought in WWII. He is a WWII historian who is writing several books on the subject. One of them is a compilation of interviews that he did with over 500 WWII vets, telling their stories. Let me tell you: the hell that they went through - for our sake - is unbelievable. And that's just WWII. I can only imagine what soldiers in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and others have gone through too.

I encourage you to take some time today and remember and honor those who have fallen for our sake. Also? Thank a soldier/veteran. Not just today, but any time you see one. They put everything on the line for us.

If you are a soldier or military veteran, or a family who stayed behind while your loved ones went away to fight for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service. My family honors you today and every day.



~Evie

No comments: