Thursday, July 7, 2011

Time for Gratitude - Thank a veteran



As a country we celebrated Independence Day on Monday. I would be completely remiss if I didn’t acknowledge the gratitude I have for the country I live in and for the soldiers who have fought to give us the freedoms we enjoy today.

My husband is writing several books honoring WWII veterans, and I have had the pleasure to meet several of the vets he is writing about. He and I have also had the honor to attend a couple reunions of these great men and women who served our country so valiantly and honorably and thank them in person. It is because of their sacrifice and diligence that we are able to enjoy the freedoms that we have today.

No matter what political party anyone belongs to, what views we all have, nor what we think about the state of our country and world today, veterans, either from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, or any conflict in between, deserve our reverence and respect. It is because of them – not any politician or other leader that we have what we have and are considered one of the richest countries in the world.

I challenge all of you to thank a vet today. They are the backbone of our nation, and I feel blessed to be defended by each and every one of them.

God bless America!

No comments: