Friday, August 16, 2013

Inspiration from an Unlikely Source

So, did you all see this?

If you haven't, I encourage you to take a little time and watch it.

Though I think he's really coming into his own as an actor (he doesn't just play the dumb guy anymore - i.e. Kelso from That 70's Show or the idiot from Dude Where's My Car), I've never thought much about Ashton Kutcher. He's never played a role where I came away thinking "Wow" - he's super talented.

I also don't really keep up with Hollywood happenings in general. I don't get much more news on the "stars" than what I see in line at the grocery store, or a few headlines here and there on facebook. So, I guess I knew he was with Demi Moore for awhile, though I really don't know much more about him. As far as I know he's not been super outspoken politically (I could be wrong about that and just haven't seen it), which honestly I appreciate. And generally,  I view him as a relatively down to earth, non-hot-head (pretty much the opposite of the likes of Kanye West and other morons in show business). Again. I could totally be wrong about that view of him, but that's currently the way I see it.

Regardless of my knowledge about him, I must say that I totally dig that he's talking like this to teens. In my humble opinion things are all too often handed to kids so when they grow into teens/young adults they expect things to continue just being handed to them. It's so refreshing hearing a "grownup" who they obviously admire (they gave him this award, right?) talking like this. He's honest, inspiring, and in the couple short minutes that he speaks, I believe he conveys his message well.

Anyway, I wanted to share this with you all for those who haven't seen it. It's kinda awesome. His points are actually great reminders for us all - even those of us who have "grown up" and are just doing our best to make it through each day without totally ruining ourselves or our precious kiddos:

  • Opportunity = Hard Work
  • Sexy = Smart, Thoughtful, Generous
  • Build Your Life, Don't just Live It

Thank you Chris Ashton Kutcher!



~Evie

P.s. I might even go out and see his movie about Steve Jobs...I watched the trailer and I think it has the potential to be really good. ;)

No comments: