Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Little House on the Prairie, The Musical

When you were growing up, did you dream of riding horses on the prairie and helping Pa farm? I know I did. I LOVED the Little House books. When I was in high school I was a counselor at "Little Camp on the Prairie" where we learned all about Laura and Mary. It was great to see them come to life on stage tonight.

Over the course of 2 1/2 hours I watched Laura grow from a little girl running wild and free, to a woman venturing off with her new husband. Laura and her family had many adventures moving to the Dakota Territories, which we saw unfold in the musical. I personally enjoyed the school house scenes. Laura's nemesis, Nellie Oleson, had the audience rolling in laughter during a few scenes.

The children in the audience we glued to the stage during the horse races and the 4th of July scenes. During intermission I heard a few girls discussing whether Almanzo was the Mr. Wilder that Laura married or not, cause they hadn't read that in the books yet.  

If you have a little one that is old enough to read and enjoy the books, I think she would also enjoy this musical.

There are 6 performances left at the Washington Pavillion, click here to purchase tickets. They start at $32, but if you are lucky maybe you can find someone that has already gone, because they were handing out "come again" coupons for $25 tickets.

You can also check out the Little House on the Prairie The Musical website.

No comments: