Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time for Gratitude - Meme Humor

Ok, so I don't know how many of you are on Facebook...I'm assuming many, if not all, of you are. If you are, you likely have seen the picture collages that have been going around about life choices, hobbies, etc that show the different depictions on what people around us think of those life choices and hobbies...I think they are called meme's...at least I hope that's what they're called since it's in my title - ha! :)


Yesterday a reader posted one on our facebook page and I had to laugh...it was the cloth diapering one below, and for real - it fits me to a TEE! The one I can't find and think definitely needs to be done, though, is a Work at Home Mom one! If any of you are super creative and have ideas for one, I'll throw it together...I just need your ideas for pics that would fit it :)

Seriously, though - whoever came up with the original one is brilliant and should get a ton of credit...unfortunately, I have no clue who was the creative genius behind this concept. I do know, though, that I have seen several that apply either to me or some or many of my friends that I totally get a kick out of. I've posted some of them below...if I have been able to track where they came from, I am citing credit, but if I don't know (or if I get the credit wrong!) I apologize in advance for not giving credit where it's due.


If you have any others you have seen and would like to share, please post a link in the comments...I think they are all wonderful and most if not all of them have put a smile on my face. I hope they do the same for you!

Today I'm super thankful for humor - it helps me get through my days a little happier!

~Evie

By: Babywearing Doula

By: Not sure...?

By: Carolina Cloth

By: Buddha Bunz

By: Holly Helps Us - Birth Services

By: The Guggie Daily

By: Primitive Mommy

By: Colleen MacRamos

By: Guggie Daily

4 comments:

Guggie Daly said...

Dear Evie,

I didn't make any of these, as much as I love them! :)

Evie said...

Guggie Daly - Thanks for the clarification! I did my best to give credit where credit was due, but obviously I completely missed the boat on that one - ha! Thanks for setting me straight :)

Kay@KaysLittleKorner said...

That's so funny!! Love these collages!

Cynthia said...

I'm so late to this post, but for the breastfeeding meme about breastfeeding the photo of a mom nursing in a washroom should be added to "What society wants me to do".

I love the other breastfeeding meme too, the one with the hippies and the cow with the nursing calf... I've been compared to cow once because I had to leave a wedding where no kids were allowed, not even brand new 6 week old babies, to feed my precious boy. A "friend" sitting at the same table as myself said "So you're done getting milked?" She's not really a friend anymore.